About AppraisingAppraisal: the act or process of estimating value
Why do you need an appraisal?
Appraisals are performed for many reasons:
- Establish fair market value or fair market rental value
- Establish estate tax or settlement
- Financial planning
- Refinance or home equity loans
- Tax grievance/appeal
- Partnership dissolution
- Highest and best use analysis
- A professional, courteous and experienced staff
- Accurate and reliable reports
- A competitive fee structure
- Fast turnaround time
- OAS is fully computerized and EDI capable to better serve our clients
All the appraisers are FHA approved
Thomas M. Orr is approved by the Veterans Administration
Tom earned the (SRA) designation and was admitted to membership in the Appraisal Institute in 1994. SRA members are experienced in the valuation of single-family homes, townhouses and residential income properties of up to and including four units. Stringent membership requirements demand that members have substantial practical appraisal experience, pass extensive written tests, and submit demonstration appraisal reports.
As the world's leading organization of professional real estate appraisers, the Appraisal Institute has general appraisal members who hold the MAI, SRPA, and SREA designations and residential appraisal members who hold the SRA or RM designation. Identified by the experience and knowledge of real estate valuation, these members adhere to a strictly enforced code of professional ethics and standards of professional practice. Currently the Appraisal Institute confers one general designation, the MAI, and one residential designation, the SRA.